ITSM Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role in a service management system interested in IT service management.
The IT Service Management Foundation certificate describes the key information and concepts for IT Service Management as well as its relationships with other areas of information management.
The ITSM program based on ISO/IEC 20000 is a unique lean approach to IT Service Management:
- It combines the key ITIL® elements with the quality principles of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
- The program allows for ITIL® side entries, both on foundation and expert level.
- It contains EXIN’s approach to a practical and role based certification.
- It offers many practical examples, case studies and assessments.
Successful completion of the IT Service Management Foundation exam is the prerequisite for continuing studies in this qualification program. The IT Service Management Specialist certification, the next step, is strongly focused on the plan, do, check and act activities of Deming’s cycle across the SMS. The Foundation certificate also opens up the way to the IT Service Management Auditor certification.
ITSM Foundation Exam Content:
The topics of the Foundation course include:
- Core concepts of Service Management and quality frameworks
- The Service Management System (SMS) and the value and application of the PDCA cycle
- High-level concepts around service design and transition
- Objectives, activities and quality requirements of the service management process
ITSM Foundation Exam Details:
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book exam: no
- Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam: no