Management of Portfolios® Foundation is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of Management Boards and Directors of Change;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs);
- Portfolio, program, project, business change and benefits managers;
- Business case writers and project appraisers.
Management of Portfolios® Foundation is part of the Best Management Practice Portfolio and is the prerequisite for the Management of Portfolios® Practitioner exam.
The Management of Portfolios (MoP®) guidance has been developed to provide senior executives and decision makers with an overview of portfolio management, the principles upon which it is based, some of the techniques used, and how to get started and sustain progress.
The Management of Portfolios describes, in the portfolio definition cycle, how to identify the right programmes and projects to deliver and, in the portfolio delivery cycle, how to make sure they continue to meet the organisation’s strategic needs and provide the benefits they promised.
It provides the valuable insights for managers charged with delivering their organisation’s change initiatives, as well as practical guidance for those who have the task of day-to-day management of the portfolio of work.
MoP Foundation Exam Prerequisites:
MoP Foundation Exam Content:
- Scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from program and project management.
- Benefits from applying portfolio management.
- Context within which it operates.
- Principles upon which successful portfolio management is based.
- Approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management.
- Purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice.
- Purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents scope of key portfolio management roles.
MoP Foundation Exam Details:
|Number of questions:||50|
|Pass mark:||50% (25 out of 50)|
|Electronic devices permitted:||No|