Personnel of internal and external service providers in an ISO/IEC 20000 environment or having interest in these standards.
Specific roles that would benefit from the ITSM Auditor exam could include:
- Auditor or assessor.
- Customer representatives, to better understand the need for audit activities by the Service Provider.
- Top Management and their direct reports to provide needed leadership in the field of audits.
- Managers/directors responsible for the coordination of services.
- Interested parties representatives.
- Project specialists.
- Consultants who offer their services as specialists in ITSM, as they need to know the audit methods.
- Academics who teach ITSM and would need to include auditing in their curriculum.
- Individuals who want to demonstrate competencies in ITSM.
- Auditors of Quality Service Systems who want to expand their horizon into Service management.
The certificate Auditor in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 is part of the EXIN IT Service Management Qualification Program based on ISO/IEC 20000 – a series of interlinked examinations which are based on the various roles in IT Service Management.
The Associate Certificate in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 or an accepted equivalent.
Prerequisites for the ITSM Auditor Exam:
- The successful completion of accredited training for the IT Service Management Auditor based on ISO/IEC 20000; this includes the successful completion of four designated Practical Assignments as assessed by an EXIN accredited training provider.
- Successful completion of the exam IT Service Management Auditor based on ISO/IEC 20000.
ITSM Auditor Exam Content:
Candidates are tested in this ITSM Auditor Exam on 4 categories:
- Planning the Audit Program.
- Managing Audits.
- Communicate & address audit results.
- Improving the audits program.
- Number of multi-choice questions: 60
- Pass mark: 65% (39 of 60)
- No open book/notes
- No electronic devices permitted
The candidate must have successfully completed four (4) practical assignments (3 hours each in length):
- Assignment in evidence gathering (documents).
- Assignment in planning an audit (based on a case study).
- Assignment in planning improvements for an organization who has failed an audit.
- Assignment in writing conformity, observation and non-conformity statements.