Aimed at candidates wanting to take an active role in any of the Portfolio, Program and Project Offices described in the P3O® model.
To get clear overview, companies can set up a Project, Program and Portfolio Management Office: a department for the purpose of the standardization of methodologies, processes and tools that support the various programs and projects.
The Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) framework offers guidance in setting up such an office. The P3O® framework enables management to make well informed decisions on strategic alignment, prioritization, risk management, optimization of resources and other key factors needed to successfully meet their business goals and strategic objectives.
Due to the clear roles and responsibilities, issues, risks and changes are effectively dealt with. Potential opportunities are sooner identified as are upcoming changes to strategy, business issues or delays.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices® Foundation is part of the Best Management Practice Portfolio and the prerequisite for the Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices® Practitioner exam.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices Foundation Certification.
P3O Practitioner Exam Content:
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for the P3O®.
- Build the right Portfolio, Program and Project Offices model (P3O® model) to adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and portfolio, program and project management maturity.
- Identify the most suitable roles required to populate a specified P3O® structure.
- Plan the implementation of a P3O®.
- Use tools and techniques in running the P3O® and advising those who shape the portfolio of programs and projects.
P3O Practitioner Exam Details:
|Exam duration:||150 minutes|
|Number of questions:||80|
|Pass mark:||50% (40 out of 80)|
|Open book:||P3O® Guide only|
|Electronic devices permitted:||Nee|